HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 11:23 PM

He’s just talking BS like usual. None of this will ever happen like the rest of his big projects

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 1:01 PM
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesSaticoy View Post
He’s just talking BS like usual. None of this will ever happen like the rest of his big projects
This. Don't do a deal with the devil. There are certainly some big pros to having city hall at Dundas & Richmond, but there are many cons with it as well.

Good on city staff to see past another one of Farhi's antics but I gotta say one this was certainly worth a double take. Best just to steer clear and not have anything to do with him even if the city was buying the properties from him instead of leasing.

Hopefully Market Tower will see some new life one day, its pretty sad to see it empty for this long.

I guess we now need to see what the plan is for the existing site. Can the underground parking under Reg Cooper Square support a new tower above? I'm sure they didn't consider that back in when it was built. It may need significant strengthening, or could be gutted altogether to dig a new foundation. Wellington Street could also be fully closed between Wolfe and Dufferin to provide more space (and a expansion of Vic Park during festivals).

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Jun 26, 2024, 11:45 AM

City Council decides to move ahead with their plan and not delay to review the Landlords proposal.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/council-re...erty-1.6940816

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 12:14 PM

LFP article on anxiety of the tenants in the apartment building next to City Hall.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...-what-about-us

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates