HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 12:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Additional render of the "Two Brothers" from l'Acadie Nouvelle

Thanks to Leroy321 for posting this on the Three Sisters thread.

Definitely 16 storeys (at least from the back)

The large glassed in atrium is very interesting. I wonder what that is all about?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 12:38 PM

I like it

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The "Two Brothers" is for all intents and purposes an extension of the Three Sisters project. This will be an assembly line too. If Lafford is aggressive, I could then see the tower crane then moving over to the nearby Tim Horton's site immediately afterwards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
An article in this morning's Acadie Nouvelle states that the Lafford project that we call "Two Brothers" will begin this Fall.
Quote:
Thanks. I take this to mean excavation work. This would mean the tower crane would move over next spring. Lafford is using an expedited construction schedule. I love his aggressiveness.
Ah I love reading good news in the morning

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 12:48 PM

The presentation to council described the proposal as the Gateway Towers at 17 floors, within the range of 400 apartment units.

Construction work expected to start as early as this fall, but there are still some bylaw changes necessary so there will be further hearings/votes by council.

The map presented shows the city is not selling off the two ballfields, which had been the rumour, but basically up to the walking trail.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 12:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Gateway Towers - very interesting. I presume the western gateway to downtown on Assumption Blvd.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonPerson View Post
The presentation to council described the proposal as the Gateway Towers at 17 floors, within the range of 400 apartment units.

Construction work expected to start as early as this fall, but there are still some bylaw changes necessary so there will be further hearings/votes by council.

The map presented shows the city is not selling off the two ballfields, which had been the rumour, but basically up to the walking trail.
Did it say how many meters it was by chance just so I can add them to the skyscraper page diagrams

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 1:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonPerson View Post

Sounds like I may have enough information now to create a project specific thread. It would be nice however if I were to have a proper height in metres.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 1:08 PM

The glass atrium is a nice feature which differentiates it enough from the 3 sisters. Seeing these high quality render I am not as concerned about everything looking the same

The atrium could be...

1. Pool
2. Event space for residents (including three sisters residents)
3. Dining/Restaurant (something with this much natural lighting could make a nice brunch spot)
4. High end cafe (epoch)
5. Pickleball court

Keep in mind this will now create a better flow into the riverfront park where things like ribfest and other festivals are hosted. This is going to vastly change the amount of activity on the riverfront which has been mostly dead at that end of downtown. There will be a much safer feeling using the trail system in this area.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 3:11 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Taverna Greek restaurant on Main Street has opened their new sidewalk patio:

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 12:11 PM

I'm unsure if this was previously mentioned, but the old MHS site has been sold for $3.8 million at the end of April 2024. Was anything announced recently?

Source: https://paol-efel.snb.ca/paol.html?v...n&pan=06738685

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 12:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

No. This is a revelation! Thanks for posting.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 7:56 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patapouf26 View Post
I'm unsure if this was previously mentioned, but the old MHS site has been sold for $3.8 million at the end of April 2024. Was anything announced recently?

Source: https://paol-efel.snb.ca/paol.html?v...n&pan=06738685
Sold to the same company seems like a corporate restructuring more than anything else

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Sold to the same company seems like a corporate restructuring more than anything else
unfortunately a giant nothingburger.

Heritage should sell ALL of their properties and let the big boys and gals build this city.

as long as that family owns the properties, don't expect much.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2024, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riberview View Post
unfortunately a giant nothingburger.

Heritage should sell ALL of their properties and let the big boys and gals build this city.

as long as that family owns the properties, don't expect much.
I believe they also own a lot of prime (vacant) downtown land as well.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I believe they also own a lot of prime (vacant) downtown land as well.
Heritage just seems far more to me like a low level landlord than a serious player. I used to work in heritage court. They spent a crap ton of money to put up gates at both entrances of their large parking lot years ago only to cave on using them because they wouldn't pay to cover replacement security cards (for the gates) for employees that use the building. We are talking about $20 cards.

Heritage Court itself could be so much better than it is. They slapped up some grey paint on the back side of the building where the seniors living is and old WestJet call center was housed and called it a renovation. The upkeep and maintenance inside the building is not good. I recognize its a really old building and that adds challenges but it sucks to think how much better it could be given its historical significance and prime location. The only decent upgrades done to the building have been interior ones that have been paid for by the tenants inside. They also own 1 factory lane (old marvens) which could be something really cool if the right person had their hands on it.

I believe Heritage Management will be an active hinderance to the future of downtown and wish Lafford or someone else would make them an offer they cant refuse. End rant

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 1:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Agree 100%

Heritage used to be the poster boy for downtown historical preservation and redevelopment, but, that was 30 years ago. The worm has turned.

I wish they would find another buyer for the MHS. It is just sitting there languishing under their watch...........

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 3:50 PM

Quote:

Agree 100%

Heritage used to be the poster boy for downtown historical preservation and redevelopment, but, that was 30 years ago. The worm has turned.

I wish they would find another buyer for the MHS. It is just sitting there languishing under their watch...........
It would be amazing if a developer took it and gutted the existing MHS building to use it as a pedestal for a residential tower built up from the middle.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 6:16 PM

Quote:

Agree 100%

I wonder if any of the reporters that tend to keep in eye on these boards might be tempted to do some digging and maybe light some fires under Heritage to get them refocused like they used to be with an expose or at least some public pressure. /hint

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaygull View Post
It would be amazing if a developer took it and gutted the existing MHS building to use it as a pedestal for a residential tower built up from the middle.
Or don’t gut it and use it as a new High School, which we apparently need.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 10:59 AM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Or don’t gut it and use it as a new High School, which we apparently need.
New Brunswick is short 500 teachers for the upcoming year. We need to staff our current buildings before we add more teacherless classrooms to the mix.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces