HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:14 PM

There were multiple renderings of the Waterline Phase II project posted in this thread (in 2019 or 2020?). It's not happening anytime soon, but I can repost some renderings if anyone still cares about it.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Today, 12:55 AM
favorite son

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
There were multiple renderings of the Waterline Phase II project posted in this thread (in 2019 or 2020?). It's not happening anytime soon, but I can repost some renderings if anyone still cares about it.
^^^ I care. please...

Old Posted Today, 2:39 AM

Here are some of the old renderings of both towers. (page 53 of this forum) I unfortunately wasn't able to find the image sources for these.

Old Posted Today, 3:05 AM
favorite son

^^^ THANK U @N1ck_T, what an extraordinary development. wow!

Old Posted Today, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ck_T View Post
Here are some of the old renderings of both towers. (page 53 of this forum) I unfortunately wasn't able to find the image sources for these.

Holy sheet! I remember this rendering. So uniform and symmetrical. I know we're getting a super tall, but what a missed opportunity. What's currently going up is just three different buildings stacked on top of each other in the most awkward way possible. Austin: The city of value engineered towers

Old Posted Today, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestAustinite View Post
Great catch. I really hope the residential top section tapers as shown the last slide of the PDF.
God I hope so too! That last render angle is my fav for this project. I never noticed how it twists a bit on the resi portion.

Sorry to nag, but the fact that this doesn't have a public observation bar or deck of some kind really bugs me. It touches on a wider issue with dt Austin and how it differs from every other big TX city. We need a place to bring random tourists and locals in to appreciate urbanism / architecture / nature...and the capital dome!

If only we had a monument like Saarinen's Gateway arch. Sorry, I've had too much tea

ps. fuuuuck those old renders are so good. Ugh. Praying we get a smaller twin tower that brings this all together. Maybe slightly different color too...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin