HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 31, 2024, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
I had gone over the Rio Nuevo meeting transcripts for January 2024 (I believe) and RN had agreed to give them something like full control of the project and Obie had mentioned they will need time to do a market analysis. I am not sure what is taking them this long but I do not think it is dead. They said in the transcripts that the project could be 7-13 stories depending on their market analysis. Their website is not updated as well unfortunately.
7 stories? What a waste of prime property.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2024, 2:54 PM

New hotel will be built at site of old Foothills Mall

Uptown, the massive development at the old Foothills Mall, announced Hilton will open its new lifestyle spin-off brand called Tempo.

Video link here

Old Posted Jun 7, 2024, 6:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusCat View Post

Uptown, the massive development at the old Foothills Mall, announced Hilton will open its new lifestyle spin-off brand called Tempo.

Video link here

I was there today it's going up fast!

It's going to be a nice project when all completed. it's giving Scottsdales Hazel & Azure / One Chandler mix use vibes...

Since progress tucson is shutdown I appreciate the update!!!

Old Posted Jun 7, 2024, 5:04 PM

Uptown
as of 06/06/2024

Last edited by CactusCat; Jun 13, 2024 at 8:11 PM.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2024, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusCat View Post

Video link here
This YouTube acct basically does a weekly update, which is nice.

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 10, 2024, 9:24 PM

Probably could have done something to break up that monotonous wall of windows but otherwise it looks nice. I'm really excited to see how Uptown turns out.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2024, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Probably could have done something to break up that monotonous wall of windows but otherwise it looks nice. I'm really excited to see how Uptown turns out.
I'm actually a little worried about Uptown. It honestly doesn't look all that walkable to me. I wish I could attach pictures here easily...but just look at the Uptown video. It really looks more like an industrial park with sidewalks. There's still just one street down the center. And there are still the typical restaurant pads surrounding the entire place with tons of parking. I hope I'm wrong but usually the real life thing isn't nearly as good as renderings.

https://headuptown.com

Old Posted Jun 12, 2024, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ71 View Post
I'm actually a little worried about Uptown. It honestly doesn't look all that walkable to me. I wish I could attach pictures here easily...but just look at the Uptown video. It really looks more like an industrial park with sidewalks. There's still just one street down the center. And there are still the typical restaurant pads surrounding the entire place with tons of parking. I hope I'm wrong but usually the real life thing isn't nearly as good as renderings.

I think uptown does an okay job as a suburban mixed use development. It's not going to be a true uptown neighborhood that other cities have that are comparable to downtowns, but for the residents and guests living there it'll be reasonably convenient to walk to Walmart, restaurants, movies, and the Albertsons across the street. People living there will have a good amount of amenities they can access in under a miles walk.

Not perfect, but far more walkable than other developments around the metro like Rocking K or Star Valley.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2024, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eapiwo View Post
I think uptown does an okay job as a suburban mixed use development. It's not going to be a true uptown neighborhood that other cities have that are comparable to downtowns, but for the residents and guests living there it'll be reasonably convenient to walk to Walmart, restaurants, movies, and the Albertsons across the street. People living there will have a good amount of amenities they can access in under a miles walk.

Not perfect, but far more walkable than other developments around the metro like Rocking K or Star Valley.
Of course. Rocking K or any home development isn't the same type of project. I guess I was just hoping for a more walkable shopping/residential district. Not a downtown, but maybe something like a small Irvine Spectrum. Even our own Tucson Premium Outlet in Marana seems to be a more condensed friendly design to me. If that outlet mall had apartments above all the stores it would be fantastic. Something just seems off to me about Uptown. Guess we'll see.

Last edited by AZ71; Jun 13, 2024 at 8:08 PM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 8:10 PM

UA Paul & Alice Baker Center for Public Media
UA Tech Park at The Bridges
as of 06/13/2024

Old Posted Jun 16, 2024, 3:48 AM

I think everyone knew The Pioneer Hotel downtown was up for auction. Well it sold and has closed. I cant narrow down a name of the new owner but they have a website up.

Maybe someone can do some sleuthing. But it doesn't sound like an exterior renovation back to its Spanish-Revival style is in their plans. The site even mentioned its art deco in one section.

I think we all should email this company on their website below and tell them Tucson and the community wants that ugly metal siding torn off and restored back to original form. I mean who buys a historic property (way under value) with no desire to renovate it? Seems like Tucson fails again.

https://pioneertucson.com
https://realestatedaily-news.com/dow...r-3-8-million/

Last edited by AZ71; Yesterday at 9:53 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ71 View Post

It is an awful lot of surface parking between the buildings and the street. I think the residents will find it decently walkable but that's about it. In fairness though, that part of town is nowhere near walkable to begin with.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest