HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 12, 2024, 8:47 PM

Site has been cleared.

Site Preparations are underway and full construction start is anticipated in the next couple weeks!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 2:02 AM

Great news!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2024, 1:42 PM

Has this project been officially cancelled yet? Been nearly two years and the foundation work hasn’t started yet. The site is flooded and doesn’t look like literally anything has happened since delivery of materials months ago.

In comparison, 2172 Rae is due to start framing shortly and the prior structure was only torn down this summer

Old Posted Sep 7, 2024, 3:21 PM

Good looking project. Good luck. It's not always easy developing and building and selling. That Littleboy must be about eight....

Old Posted Sep 9, 2024, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
Has this project been officially cancelled yet? Been nearly two years and the foundation work hasn’t started yet. The site is flooded and doesn’t look like literally anything has happened since delivery of materials months ago.

In comparison, 2172 Rae is due to start framing shortly and the prior structure was only torn down this summer
Yeah I drove by the site the other day and noticed the same thing. There are big weeds growing and a look of an abandoned lot. It feels like Capitial Pointe all over again with the developer continously claiming work is starting/progressing but it doesn't really. I hope I am wrong but maybe Arwell can provide an update on why nothing is happenning.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2024, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
Yeah I drove by the site the other day and noticed the same thing. There are big weeds growing and a look of an abandoned lot. It feels like Capitial Pointe all over again with the developer continously claiming work is starting/progressing but it doesn't really. I hope I am wrong but maybe Arwell can provide an update on why nothing is happenning.
Watch out. You're going to called an 8 year old by someone from Saskatoon who has no clue.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
I believe all their efforts are going into the rapid housing build in North Central. I agree though that it doesn't look great when their other sites look abandoned.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
I believe all their efforts are going into the rapid housing build in North Central. I agree though that it doesn't look great when their other sites look abandoned.
A combination of factors, we should have the weeds dealt with in short order.

Efforts have been poured into NCFC RHI Project is certainly a part of it.

In late May 2024 CMHC changed the rules to the Insured Mortgage Program which led to a flood of applications across Canada which turned a quick approval for Certificates of Insurance to our lenders from a couple weeks to upwards of 12 weeks.

We had an update from CMHC this week and are hopefully that the COI is approved in short order and we will be able to commence Construction as the Building Permit has been issued and the shoring piles installed. We are ready to go.

If we had, had our way the original building would have been standing until all the ducks are in a row. We are excited to get the excavation and building underway!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan