HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 3:20 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf612 View Post
I think it would be much closer store spacing than usual. Only Grand and One Chicago stores are closer and River North has a lot more density to support two stores
The Grand/One Chicago stores are also neighborhood-oriented with most customers arriving on foot (or via Red Line at One Chicago) whereas the Kingsbury store is the "drive-to" store for Near North with 400 spaces.

A WF at 1200 Fulton would become a drive-to destination by default for all the NW Side neighborhoods, and I'm not sure they can support the kind of parking they would need. The PD application shows 1079 units and 440 parking spaces, assume most or all of the parking is needed for residents so that doesn't leave much at all for the retail.

I definitely agree that a grocer is needed in the west part of Fulton Market given the high growth planned for this area.

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
The Grand/One Chicago stores are also neighborhood-oriented with most customers arriving on foot (or via Red Line at One Chicago) whereas the Kingsbury store is the "drive-to" store for Near North with 400 spaces.

A WF at 1200 Fulton would become a drive-to destination by default for all the NW Side neighborhoods, and I'm not sure they can support the kind of parking they would need. The PD application shows 1079 units and 440 parking spaces, assume most or all of the parking is needed for residents so that doesn't leave much at all for the retail.

I definitely agree that a grocer is needed in the west part of Fulton Market given the high growth planned for this area.
I was actually thinking that the store at 1 N Halsted is the one that this would be too close to, and given that it's right off the highway unlike 1200 W, I don't see how it would pull drive in customers. To the east and south, 1 N Halsted is closer, to the north you basically have the Ohio feeder ramp and everything north of it is closer to Kingsbury, to the West you have the bombed out West Side, and anything past that it's faster to take 290 up to 90, so I just don't see where they'd pull a WF customer base, until potentially everything in Fulton is built out and Union Park is surrounded by highrises.

Old Posted May 27, 2024, 4:57 PM
Chicago

May 6, 2024

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals