HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 1, 2022, 4:53 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
late fall 2022? or 2023?
Closes Sep 8, 2022 - construction should start Oct 2022.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Sep 1, 2022, 5:07 PM

Old Posted Sep 1, 2022, 5:33 PM

^ That's interesting news, $70 million is a lot to sink into paving a PR. Especially one that's not exactly heavily populated and is so close to two paved PTHs that parallel it (1 and 26). I'd be curious to hear the rationale behind this.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 12:00 AM

Driven the 26 a lot with friends for fun. It can be an adventure... They might want backcountry traffic to move over a bit.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 12:08 AM

Tried taking brookside Blvd to the perimeter but its all being torn up and a dirt road right and under construction finally will be repaired long overdue.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 1:01 AM

Google Maps likes to send folks down 227. Imagine their surprise when the pavement ends!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Tried taking brookside Blvd to the perimeter but its all being torn up and a dirt road right and under construction finally will be repaired long overdue.
Didn’t they just do 90 from Mollard to the perimeter or am I mistaken?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
Google Maps likes to send folks down 227. Imagine their surprise when the pavement ends!
That used to be our main route when going to Lac du Bonnet. We eventually decided to just go to Winnipeg, Perimeter to 59, then 59 to 317 to Lac du Bonnet. That was long before the speed increase on the TCH. Now our relative out there is in Brandon.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2022, 9:48 PM

Tender is out for the following: "STRUCTURE OVER CN SPRAGUE SUBDIVISION (SITE 3102-10) AND REALIGNMENT OF PTH 1E AND PLESSIS RD - PUBLIC AND STAKEHOLDER CONSULTATION SERVICES"

This must mean somewhat significant changes to the alignment if they are putting out a tender for stakeholder consultation services.

In the RFP it mentions that MTI has done a conceptual design study and has some alignment options, I wonder if/when this would be made public? I guess they might have an open house once the consultation phase begins?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Tender is out for the following: "STRUCTURE OVER CN SPRAGUE SUBDIVISION (SITE 3102-10) AND REALIGNMENT OF PTH 1E AND PLESSIS RD - PUBLIC AND STAKEHOLDER CONSULTATION SERVICES"

This must mean somewhat significant changes to the alignment if they are putting out a tender for stakeholder consultation services.

In the RFP it mentions that MTI has done a conceptual design study and has some alignment options, I wonder if/when this would be made public? I guess they might have an open house once the consultation phase begins?
Is this the symington overpass? If so this is great news because it said construction around 2028 lol.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgstvsouth94 View Post
Is this the symington overpass? If so this is great news because it said construction around 2028 lol.
Yes, it is the Symington overpass.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is the Symington overpass.
This is great news. I wonder when construction will start?!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 12:11 PM
What could go wrong?

Construction slated to start early 2025.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 5:03 PM
Mooderator

I wanted to drive to Winnipeg on the new 23 from Ninette to highway 5 when I was out there at the end of August, but instead took 18 to 2.

It probably wasn't finished anyway.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 5:59 PM

Quote:
From memory the general concept is for Plessis to cross HWY1E as at minimum a four lane road near the Symington overpass location. Once south of HWY 1E Plessis and what is still currently known as Bishop will meet up and transition similar to Kennaston and Bishop in the west. This is part of the planned inner ring road network. Bishop will 100% be the south link and CPT will 100% be the north link but the east and west routes are still less clear. Also for clarity this does not preclude any segments of the ring road from continuing past their meeting points and it is likely the four main segments of the ring road will meet and possibly continue past the Perimeter (outer ring road).

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 6:06 PM

Let's hope that's what they've come up with. We looked at this a while back and it will be quite an undertaking to make happen.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
From memory the general concept is for Plessis to cross HWY1E as at minimum a four lane road near the Symington overpass location. Once south of HWY 1E Plessis and what is still currently known as Bishop will meet up and transition similar to Kennaston and Bishop in the west. This is part of the planned inner ring road network. Bishop will 100% be the south link and CPT will 100% be the north link but the east and west routes are still less clear. Also for clarity this does not preclude any segments of the ring road from continuing past their meeting points and it is likely the four main segments of the ring road will meet and possibly continue past the Perimeter (outer ring road).
So pleases will go under the over pass still? Traffic lights would be going backwards in time.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
I wanted to drive to Winnipeg on the new 23 from Ninette to highway 5 when I was out there at the end of August, but instead took 18 to 2.

It probably wasn't finished anyway.
I was on it 2 weeks ago and it was still gravel from Ninette to about 5 miles west of Belmont.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2022, 11:42 PM

Took highway 75 today from la salle to morris so I could get to Roland MB for an appointment. My goodness 75 is a disaster right now I was trying to avoid the construction from brunkild to Carman but I ended up taking it as my way back home with how terrible shape 75 is in right now.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 6:12 PM

59N bridges over floodway are basically done. Just doing crossover removal and landscaping works.

SB bridge is completely open, 3 lanes. NB Bridge and lanes are still on the slight detour to allow for the median work. 2 lanes open.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan