HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Four World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 12, 2007, 9:15 PM
Frigidus Maximus

The devil will be in the details, but I believe this tower stands the best chance of being considered an example of architectural perfection out of the different WTC structures.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Sep 13, 2007, 12:08 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
The devil will be in the details, but I believe this tower stands
the best chance of being considered an example of architectural perfection out of the
different WTC structures.
At 975 ft, this would be a major new tower somewhere else, but being so close to Tower 3
and the others, it looks like a baby. But I'm glad that this tower, along with the others, will
finally have the street presence the Twins lacked, making them much more a part of the
streetscape. Also, all of the buildings will have a public presence. I really like the restaurant
overlooking the memorial in this one.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 9:23 PM
In urbansim we trust

I love the mass and simplicity of this building. Content and bold! With a tranquil appeal to it.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I think these two make a nice couple. Opposites attract...

It is like a short, fat, and bald rich guy standing next to his tall attractive trophy wife.

-Galileo Galilei

Last edited by Raraavis; Sep 26, 2007 at 11:15 PM.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2007, 8:22 AM
New Yorker for life

Less than 3 months to go, it looks like the Port Authority will meet the deadline...
http://lowermanhattan.info/news/cons...the_20898.aspx

Construction Booms Across the WTC's 16 Acres

October 3, 2007

Quentin Brathwaite, the agency's assistant director of priority capital programs, began his update on the site's east side. There, slurry wall installation is complete at the southeast corner (Liberty and Church Streets), and crews continue installing the massive 70- to 110-foot-long slurry wall panels at the north end of the bathtub (Vesey at Church Streets). Excavation of the east bathtub now is underway, and in the southern half approximately 40 percent of the soil has already been removed.

"We're very pleased with the progress we've made in the past three months," Braithwaite said. He added that crews currently are working two eight-hour shifts but may increase work hours to stay on schedule. The goal is to complete the south portion of the east bathtub by December 31, 2007, when Silverstein Properties will take over for construction of WTC Towers Three and Four. Construction of Tower Two will follow later in 2008.

East bathtub excavation also allows Port Authority crews to begin building the $2.2 billion WTC Transportation Hub. For that project, a new temporary PATH station entrance opened in July on Church Street, enabling crews to dismantle the former entrance structure. In early 2008, the entrance again will be relocated to Vesey Street at West Broadway, where it will remain until architect Santiago Calatrava's WTC Transportation Hub opens in 2011.
Meanwhile, much progress has been made on the transportation hub's "east-west connector" on the west side of the WTC. Port Authority crews are pouring concrete to form the future pedestrian tunnel, which will link the WTC with the World Financial Center.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2007, 1:48 PM
World Machine

It's all moving along well.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 11:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Overall view of the sites of towers 2, 3, 4, and Freedom...

(from wtcrising.com)

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 2:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 3:31 PM

^ Let me say that I GREATLY appreciate all your NYC updates.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 3:49 PM
World Machine

1 Liberty Plaza is a monster. The building is just huge.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2007, 1:28 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
^ Let me say that I GREATLY appreciate all your NYC updates.
No problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAC150
1 Liberty Plaza is a monster. The building is just huge.
It is, but it will be dwarfed by 150 (tower 4), which will in turn be dwarfed by towers 3 and 2...

Old Posted Oct 14, 2007, 6:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Schedule from wtc.com:

Foundation Construction......................... January - July 2008
Construction Drawings............................ April 1, 2008
Superstructure to Ground Level................ July 2008 - January 2009
Structural Steel Erection......................... January 2009 - September 2010
Structural Concrete Tower Core & Slab...... March 2009 - November 2010
Core and Shell Work............................... September 2009 - December 2011
Curtain Wall.......................................... November 2009 - March 2011

Old Posted Oct 20, 2007, 11:48 AM
New Yorker for life

pathrestoration.com

new south wall...

Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 2:03 AM
The True Avatar

Thanks for the update pics.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2007, 11:30 PM
New Yorker for life

Excavation in the newly built "tub"...

(wtcrising.com)

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raraavis View Post
It is like a short, fat, and bald rich guy standing next to his tall attractive trophy wife.
I wouldn't say that. I personally think that it's beauty is found in its simplicity.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 3:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Silverstein should bump this one up a little just for the hell of it. What's another 25 ft between friends?

However, if a deal is somehow reached to allow for a larger tower 3 with more floors for Merrill Lynch, this one could actually be reduced. I wouldn't have a problem with it. In fact, they could move this one altogether. If not, make it officially a 1,000 ft tower.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 1:02 PM
New Yorker for life

At 975 ft, this tower would dominate most skylines, and would probably sport some sort of crown.
But as WTC "filler", its that other skyscraper type New York is known for - the big box.
About 1/3 will be leased to the Port Authority. Another 1/3 to the City. I guess we'll
eventually call it the Port Authority tower, or building.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 12:12 PM

The only possible appeal of this building will be the cladding. It could be nice.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 1:26 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
The only possible appeal of this building will be the cladding. It could be nice.
The cladding of all of the towers will be similar, Silverstein is seeing to it.
This building will have more of a public appeal. Other than the Freedom Tower,
it offers the most public spaces.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive