HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
^yup
You crushed it my dude. You think this is a one off project or are similar projects across the city possible? This would be a great design for several neighbourhoods.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 4:50 PM

The brickwork looks gorgeous @trueviking! The light grey sections really pop. And I like the change of direction in the bricks at the top to form a bit of a visual cornice.

I'm looking forward to seeing the interiors of those upper units with the high ceilings.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 4:54 PM

Great look to this building— nice contrast with the brick colours and how the “towers” stand out. Well done.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 5:12 PM

Totally agree, the building looks great so far. Really like the lighter-coloured brick and the way the facade is "broken-up."

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 6:01 PM
jammon member

Quote:
Thank you....i'm really happy with the lighter brick. It will look nice in the sunshine...it feels like old brick which gives the building a feeling like it's been there for a long time.

The brown brick is darker than I anticipated, but it's still nice.....brick is hard, you never know what it's really going to look like until its up.
I drive through the village multiple times a day. I was stopped and looked at the building and thought to myself: "this will look awesome when it's finished." It really is a stunning addition to the village.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 6:38 PM

Echoing the others, looks amazing! Great work @trueviking

https://www.osborneterraces.com

I see there is a website saying available in August 2024. Personally, hoping it opens up a little early as I would consider living there haha

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrial78 View Post
Echoing the others, looks amazing! Great work @trueviking

https://www.osborneterraces.com

I see there is a website saying available in August 2024. Personally, hoping it opens up a little early as I would consider living there haha
I'm curious how much they'll run.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 10:29 PM

I saw it from the rapid transit line while I was on the bus today. Looks amazing! Really stands out.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
I'm curious how much they'll run.
It’s a building, it doesn’t have legs

Old Posted Feb 13, 2024, 12:31 AM

This looks great. Well done! Can't wait to see the final product.

I wish we would see a lot more projects like this in the inner city.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2024, 1:15 AM

What a beauty. Leaving aside the unfinished 300 Saint Mary, this sets the bar for classy new builds in Winnipeg.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2024, 8:42 PM

Quote:
^yup
Hello all, I'm a longtime lurker, first time poster.

I met with with the exec director of the Osbourne Village Biz a couple weeks back, and this project is one of the things we chatted about. She had nothing but great things to say about working with the architect and developers, and about the attention to detail with this project regarding its interaction/functionality with the neighborhood, and it's "people first" mentality.

I wholeheartedly agree, and am in love with this project.

Well done @trueviking

Last edited by WpgRocksDude; Feb 14, 2024 at 6:55 AM. Reason: words

Old Posted Feb 13, 2024, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgRocksDude View Post
Hello all, I'm a longtime lurker, first time poster.

I had a casual meeting with the exec director of the Osbourne Village Biz a couple weeks back, and this project is one of the things we chatted about. She had nothing but great things to say about working with the architect and developers, and about the attention to detail with this project regarding its interaction/functionality with the neighborhood, and it's "people first" mentality.

I wholeheartedly agree, and am in love with this project.

Well done @trueviking
Meetings with the Biz chief exec? Perhaps something interesting or exciting impending for the village?

Old Posted Feb 13, 2024, 9:06 PM

Nothing that hasn't already been made public or discussed in this forum, but lots of optimism for the current and future projects in the neighbourhood!

and maybe some fantasizing about how Osbourne could look in the future

Old Posted Feb 13, 2024, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Nothing that hasn't already been made public or discussed in this forum, but lots of optimism for the current and future projects in the neighbourhood!

and maybe some fantasizing about how Osbourne could look in the future
And at the risk of being nosey, what does the big boss of the biz fantasize? Anything worth sharing without doxxing yourself? Sorry for the interrogation - internet is down at work and the clock is ticking real slow haha

Old Posted Feb 14, 2024, 12:18 AM

Mostly just general ideas including beautification with art/light installations, increasing population density, revitalizing and preserving historical buildings, filling vacant commercial units with tenants who can provide amenities to people living in the area.

Though my biggest want is for the parking lot on the north/west corner of Stradbrook & Osbourne to see some development, and for a relocation/redevelopment of the firehall across the street. As Osbourne grows with the surrounding residential developments, I think that corner could have a lot of potential for commercial, residential, and public space (which I have read other users mention on this forum before). Maybe even something with some height to it.

Also a reimagination of what could be done with the lots immediately north of Osbourne Station (which I have also read others mentioning). To me, the Shriner's building, and the Dollarama + surrounding ocean of parking seems like such a waste of space, especially being so close to a major transit hub.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2024, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Mostly just general ideas including beautification with art/light installations, increasing population density, revitalizing and preserving historical buildings, filling vacant commercial units with tenants who can provide amenities to people living in the area.

Though my biggest want is for the parking lot on the north/west corner of Stradbrook & Osbourne to see some development, and for a relocation/redevelopment of the firehall across the street. As Osbourne grows with the surrounding residential developments, I think that corner could have a lot of potential for commercial, residential, and public space (which I have read other users mention on this forum before). Maybe even something with some height to it.

Also a reimagination of what could be done with the lots immediately north of Osbourne Station (which I have also read others mentioning). To me, the Shriner's building, and the Dollarama + surrounding ocean of parking seems like such a waste of space, especially being so close to a major transit hub.
It really is a waste of land having lots, a BK and the empty masons hall. A nice development could go there.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 8:55 AM

Quote:

I also was hoping the parking lots of 7 & 11 Evergreen could be developed for residential. Also, Is there anyway to ask the O V Biz boss to possibly go back to spelling Osbourne to the original Osborne? Thanks

Last edited by BAKGUY; Feb 16, 2024 at 12:08 AM.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY View Post
I also was hoping the parking lots of 7/11 Evergreen could be developed for residential. Also, Is there anyway to ask the O V Biz boss to possibly go back to spelling Osbourne to the original Osborne? Thanks
I like to fantasize about a nice tower replacing the gas station and little house with the physio office on the NW corner of Osborne & Roslyn, but I know that's not happening anytime soon.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 11:15 PM

What I'm interested in is the former Stellas building, the metal clad building at 166 Osborne on the east side of the street between Wardlaw and Gertrude

Crumb Queen, the bakery, is there on a one-year lease because the building owners have indicated they're planning to redevelop in 2025.

I wonder what's prompted this. I'm guessing the CITI/KISS radio station studio lease is coming up?

On one hand, I'd hate to lose a building that has a local organic grocery store and a bakery/lunch spot. But on the other hand, that parcel of land could easily fit another building like TrueViking's with just as much ground floor retail and a whole bunch of residential on top...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan