HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 3:47 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
I loathe Caillou. Even my kids asked me why he was so annoying.
Caillou is definitely on the same tier as war criminals for the misdeeds they have committed. Very frequently brought up in conversations of worst or most disliked characters in any media.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 4:11 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
I loathe Caillou. Even my kids asked me why he was so annoying.
I also loathe Caillou.

I also intensely disliked "Arthur" and "D.W."

I can't put a $price on the value of my children. I put off having children to focus on my education (after a five year first career in retail management out in B.C.), which left no opportunity to accumulate wealth. I am sure glad I didn't wait until I was economically comfortable to have them. When the kids came along, I didn't feel that old, but now, at 53, with a 17yr old and a 15 yr old, I sort of wish that I could have had them 5 years earlier (but had that been the case, most likely I would have had a third kid...).

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I can't put a $price on the value of my children.
Well, their current "book value" would be the sum of the value of their organs on the black market, but yeah, I get what you mean

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I also loathe Caillou.

I also intensely disliked "Arthur" and "D.W."

I can't put a $price on the value of my children. I put off having children to focus on my education (after a five year first career in retail management out in B.C.), which left no opportunity to accumulate wealth. I am sure glad I didn't wait until I was economically comfortable to have them. When the kids came along, I didn't feel that old, but now, at 53, with a 17yr old and a 15 yr old, I sort of wish that I could have had them 5 years earlier (but had that been the case, most likely I would have had a third kid...).
If I had to do it again I would have sped things up a bit. Of course I could have only sped it up so much since I only met my wife in 2005. But we could have definitely started having kids at least a few years earlier and not sacrificed too much of the DINK life that we enjoyed prior to that.

Pregnancy was not that easy for my wife from a health standpoint so I feel like we got lucky without any major complications. As much as I would have liked to have another kid or two, I think we would have stopped at two either way.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 4:44 PM
Fake News

Quote:
I think I liked 4 Square because of the tight suits on the hupettes.

Broke up the monotony of Daniel Cook, the tumblyboos of Night Garden, Max and Ruby, Toopy and Binoo, and my most favorite of all.. CAILLOU.
Thankfully my son never liked Caillou.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 4:50 PM
Fake News

Speaking of Peppa Pig I cannot watch that without giggling:

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 3:27 PM
the first stamp is free

For the first 3ish years of each of my kids life, the kids shows were limited to a couple of the PBS staples, Super Why, Sid the Science Kid, and few others.

Then the kids each went thru a Peppa Pig phase. I actually didn't mind that show, and the kids picked up some temporary accents on a couple words which was hilarious.

Also a fan of Teen Titans Go - that one made me giggle.

Now they just zombie-out on You Tube shorts or whatever their version of tik tok is called.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
For the first 3ish years of each of my kids life, the kids shows were limited to a couple of the PBS staples, Super Why, Sid the Science Kid, and few others.

Then the kids each went thru a Peppa Pig phase. I actually didn't mind that show, and the kids picked up some temporary accents on a couple words which was hilarious.

Also a fan of Teen Titans Go - that one made me giggle.

Now they just zombie-out on You Tube shorts or whatever their version of tik tok is called.
Peppa was big in my house too... my daughter is 7 and still watches it sometimes.

Between my son's early childhood fondness for Peppa (which I always appreciated, there is a strong subtle wit in that show typical of the British that you seldom see in childrens' shows) and his current enthusiasm for FIFA 22 and televised soccer, he can do a killer British accent

I will say, with streaming services and the plethora of kid content, my kids are definitely watching more high-quality, kid appropriate content than I did when I was a child. By the time I was 9 I was watching various evening sitcoms, and inappropriate rated R movies that my kids have never seen the likes of.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 11:50 PM

^ The Dude Perfect guys are not like that... they are trick shot artists, they're funny guys. No douchiness

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 5:59 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ The Dude Perfect guys are not like that... they are trick shot artists, they're funny guys. No douchiness
Oh I didn't mean to imply that. I don't know anything about them. Thought of that Paul guy cause he was the first one to make it huge that I recall. Blippi is also quite wealthy.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 9:17 PM

One factor that distinguishes us is that there aren’t any of my properties that have a bronze bust of myself on display

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 9:35 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
One factor that distinguishes us is that there aren’t any of my properties that have a bronze bust of myself on display
You'd be too cheap. Maybe one made of recycled tires from your 20 year old work truck...

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 10:19 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
How about some bronze pork tongues?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 10:45 PM
A Better Place

Well, I'm joining the 'Dad Team' late September this year, so I may be coming back to this thread for advice over the next 18-odd years. Second ultrasound is tomorrow so we will find out whether it's a boy or girl, quite excited!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 11:11 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Well, I'm joining the 'Dad Team' late September this year, so I may be coming back to this thread for advice over the next 18-odd years. Second ultrasound is tomorrow so we will find out whether it's a boy or girl, quite excited!
Congrats!!!!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 11:25 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
congrats! Exciting times!

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 5:10 AM
Mooderator

Quote:
Nice! I wanted to know for the first one, second we wanted a surprise. That was fun.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Bring cookies to the next meeting as the newest member

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 3:21 PM
A Better Place

Thanks all! I think the timing is pretty good, as I just turned 30 in February and she turns 30 in June. Not too early, not too late in my opinion. I'm just glad we live somewhere where we can afford to have more than a couple of bedrooms - one for the future kid and another for the inlaws/guests, etc.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 5:23 AM
Fake News

Anyone else had the pleasure of covid with young kids under 4? Finally caught the ‘Rona and had zero time to actually recuperate. Thankfully the baby and toddler mainly just have runny noses but today in particular I just wanted to collapse and sleep. We’ve had it for 10 days now and I feel worse than at the beginning. My wife has it worse.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada