HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 15, 2023, 8:50 PM
Fourth and Main

They are moving forward, exactly as I've said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Fogle Commons:
Whiting-Turner Construction Company is preparing to start construction on this $20 million infrastructure and park project. They are currently seeking bids from subcontractors and suppliers. Look for construction to start in September or October of 2023.
Fogle Commons:
Confirmed today by the Journal! This project was officially announced yesterday, but since you follow this thread, you knew about it almost two weeks before it was announced! I also reported some details they still haven't released. So, what is new that we didn't know before: They will work with Access Center for Equity + Success to help minority business enterprise contractors in bidding on all construction projects in the second phase. They will also work with the U.S. Housing and Urban Development opportunity portal to help lower-income workers find jobs working on the infrastructure and park part of the project. Completion is set for December 2023. This will allow the Eye Institute, apartments, and other buildings to move forward and yes, that was in the article.

I'm expecting the other campus to be a place to work with major "Fortune 100 companies" and for this campus to be a destination university medical center campus that has students, research, residential for students/workers, medical procedures, and spin-outs/startups. That's the impression I get from what is said, leasing, and what I see in the development pipelines. When departments/schools within the university expand, I'm sure many of the current leaders are pushed to the side for the new "rock star" directors they bring-in and they completely change everything before expanding into their new buildings. It wouldn't surprise me if Dr. David Carroll is happy with the way things are at the Nanotechnology Department. I'm also guessing if Atrium thought it could be of use to their hospital system, it likely would already be in expansion mode. I do see one and potentially two sites to work with outside companies in downtown Winston-Salem. It will be interesting to see what happens with those sites. I'm sure they are seen more as flexible sites that can become anything.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations