HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 1, 2023, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
West Campus was the original home of Seton Hospital - the original that built in 1902. That's why there's still a Seton Avenue in West Campus. It was at West 25th Street before they built their new campus at 38th Street.
My older brother was the Co-CEO of old Seton Hospital in the 1970s and oversaw the closure of that venerable building and the construction project of the current location on 35th.

Just before the hospital was demolished, brother & I went through and scavenged a few materials out of the empty building.
I pulled some cabinets out of a nurses’ station on the third floor, dragged them down the 3 flights of stairs and took them to my northeast Austin home (in the Four Seasons neighborhood) to install in my garage for use as a workbench.

When we moved up to Brushy Creek after my retirement in the late 1990s, we took the main base cabinet with us….and it is still serving as my workbench.
One of LBJ’s grandkids was born there in the early 1970s and a photo of him, Luci, and baby appeared on the cover of Life Magazine.
My two younger sons were born there not long afterwards and my wife was assigned that same room with the same leather recliner.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin