HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 8:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebasketballgeek View Post
You know what I completely agree with you. Imo there are 3 better ways to utilize the site.

1. Go full on with making it a tourist destination and provide amenities like a recreation campus and idk a indoor waterpark

2. Explore it's historical significance and make the parking lots an archaeological site. There's at least 6,0000 years of known history at the Forks. Imagine what kinds of findings could be excavated here.

3. Go the educational route and just build a massive high school there. I'm talking a high school bigger then Sisler. There's already enough elementary and middle schools in or adjacent to Downtown. However, it seems like once someone living in Downtown gets past grade 9 they have too make a decently sized commute. With the Forks there's already so many amenities a school could utilize such as Shaw Park, Human Rights Museum, theatre, market, green space etc... I think it would also be the best way to get rid of our surface parking lot problem because if there is a state of the art high school next to a historic site it would induce quite a bit of demand for families to move to Downtown. Also, having 2,000 kids in the area everyday should improve safety issues a bit by having more eyes on the street, and even improve retail in Downtown since high school kids are massive consumers and usually work retail anyway.
Suppose ideally The Leaf could have gone there, would have it a lot more accessible than Assiniboine Park!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan