HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 7:14 PM
hookem hookem is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlotron View Post
When United was phasing their 747s out, the last of them all seemed to get sent to SFO. After a long trip across the Pacific in a nearly-decommissioned 747, there's nothing about an A340 that would bother me.

Biggest irony of the old 747s: half of the lighting didn't work, there was no seat back entertainment at all -- but the ashtrays worked!

I'll take an old A340 to Europe any day.
I flew the final (passenger) flight on an AA L-1011 into DFW way back. It was a regularly scheduled service, and they announced it in the cabin. I was like, "Why would they tell us that?" I can't think of any benefit to the passengers from hearing that. But I guess it was a different time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:11 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.