HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 4:17 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post
Again, I'm not anti EV, but there are differences so it's a little early for rhapsodizing. I'll stand by what I said because EVs are still a new technology. Of course there are clubs for everything, but any EV car culture is a continuation of existing car culture. Teslas can be modded aesthetically but perhaps not so much in terms of performance etc. And I live where I can literally look out my window and see two or three Teslas parked sometimes, and I know some Tesla owners. Can you go pick up a used 10 year old EV for say $5000, and go ahead and swap the engine, etc., as can be done with an old Celica or Mustang for example? Elon Musk's company is also very proprietary, so Teslas are not easy to mod - and what would you, or could you change anyway, except for aesthetics, sure a wing, a stripe, some new wheels, and a nice wrap.
Well yes, EV car enthusiast culture is a continuation of existing car culture because EVs are just... cars. The claim we were refuting was that EVs were somehow so fundamentally different that when they usurp ICE cars it would destroy car enthusiast culture. Fortunately you now seem to acknowledge that this isn't the case since the existing culture is continuing happily along with a few differences.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada