HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2022, 4:26 PM
StoOgE StoOgE is offline
Resident Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkirbythe.... View Post
Comedy Club Linked to Joe Rogan Planned for Austin’s Ritz Theater

https://austin.towers.net/comedy-club-linked-to-joe-rogan-planned-for-austins-ritz-theater/

The historic Ritz Theater at 320 East Sixth Street will soon host a comedy club linked to recently controversial podcast host and new Austin resident Joe Rogan, according to a number of local property filings and an application to the city’s Historic Landmark Commission. An application to install new signage at the front of the building is listed on the consent agenda of the commission’s upcoming February 28 meeting, with backup documents for the renovation item using the name Comedy Mothership.

...

Previous reports indicated that Rogan planned to open a comedy club in West Austin, but his acquisition of the One World Theatre fell through for unknown reasons, with East Sixth Street mentioned last year as a new potential location for the club.



I'm glad the space is going to be used. Yay.
I mean, I have a lot of thoughts on this.

1) I wish the Ritz survived as a movie theater.

2) I don't know that we need another comedy club capable venue downtown, we actually have a lot.

3) This is pretty big space - I assume this will just canabalize Paramount tours since few comedians can sell out a space that large.

4) I;m glad its not turning back into a crappy dance club.

5) I'm not a massive fan of Rogan's attitude about our local comedy scene. Feels very much like bro from Cali moved here during the pandemic and decided we don't have a local comedy scene so he's going to fix it for us.

We've got a healthy amount of local comedy troupes and venues already and were already get big and regional touring acts.

6) I hate everything about the name/branding of this thing. But that's not really a reason to hold something up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:17 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.