HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Business, Politics & the Economy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTcrawler View Post
No, but by her explanation, non-stop honking should be acceptable. Which puts us in quite the predicament, because I highly doubt she supports “making people uncomfortable” in the context of the freedom convoy.

Just another example of what I mentioned earlier, about our tolerance for protests being dictated by our own degree of support for the cause(s) being supported.
She might find non-stop honking acceptable, I don't know. I think there's a legitimate conversation to be had on how we can use a protest to enact meaningful change (that's in response to the person who posted the AOC tweet too, I forget your name, haha). I can't say I have a good answer but I can say that hurting/threatening people is the wrong way to go. I'm sure there are segments of this trucker convoy that agree with that too and it'd be nice if they forcefully condoned it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Business, Politics & the Economy