HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 2:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Anyway, back to the climate emergency.............

I don't understand these Suzuki types who are against carbon capture and the use of any fossil fuels. I couldn't care less if we shut down every windmill and solar power grid and replaced them all with coal and oil and I am being very serious, I don't care.

All I care about is reducing emissions to net-zero planet wide and greatly reduce pollutants but how we get their is completely irrelevant. Mother Nature doesn't give a damn how we do it as long as we do it. As far as I'm concerned, if Shell could come up with a way of using oil to bring our emissions & pollution levels down to net-zero and make trillions in the process then more power to them. If carbon capture of fossil fuel energy production is part of that then who cares?

This is one of the reasons why I am against a nationwide carbon tax. We live in a very diverse country and what may work in one part may not be the best choice in another. As long as the emissions goals are attained by every province who cares how they get there?
Suzuki Gang is also anti-nuclear. Again a stupid take. Not only is nuclear energy very cool (you're literally getting the energy from splitting atoms!), but it has a small footprint compared to solar and wind. And you can compare France (70% nuclear) and Germany (all nuclear plants being decommissioned). Germany has a much dirtier grid, and they're even building new coal plants to replace the nuclear. Anyone who thinks that we're going to not only electrify heating, transportation and industry AND also phase out fossil fuel for electrical generation AND also decommission any nuclear power plants prematurely is in for a wild ride

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada