Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketphish
Ottawa industrial rents rise to rank among highest in Canada: Colliers
By: OBJ staff
Published: Jul 23, 2021 5:53pm EDT
...
Amazon’s 2.8-million-square-foot fulfillment centre was recently completed by developer Broccolini at 222 Citigate Dr. in Barrhaven, and the e-commerce giant also leased nearly 105,000 square feet at 1000 Legacy Road, just off Hawthorne Road, that it will occupy in the fourth quarter, according to Colliers.
...
https://www.obj.ca/article/real-estate/n...-rise-rank-among-highest-canada-colliers
|
This is the first I have heard of this, but I did notice that the building was under construction when I was last at Princess Auto. It's actually 100 Legacy Road, which was previously Summit Food Service. Too small to be a fulfillment centre, my guess was that it would be a delivery facility. Sure enough, a Google search brings up a result for "DYT6 Amazon Delivery Station" at that address.
This is a popular area for couriers, with Purolator, UPS and the TransForce companies all within walking distance. It will be interesting to see Amazon move into the Ottawa market with their own logistics.