HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 11, 2021, 3:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I took several bags of recycling to the new Sarcan on Gordon Road in Harbour Landing this morning. No complaints about the building meeting its purpose, however, I feel bad for the tenants of the apartments immediately to the west of it. The two buildings are fairly close to each other, and blocks the view from many suites. The view they have is of the back of an industrial, metal-sided building that is so out of place. It's the worst-looking building in all of Harbour Landing! Who wants to be on the back side of a busy recycling centre with the noise, and possibly field mice, that are associated with it? Our city planning still leaves very much to question (like my fellow SSP followers know all too well).

Another turd that is inappropriate for its neighbourhood
While I think you are very much overstating the issue here, the city, does have a fetish for industrial zoning now. Practically every subdivision now has industrial zoning included for whatever reason.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan