HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 2, 2021, 2:10 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
Maybe theyr'e adding antennas or spires at the top?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
The new FAA filings for 883' are for a change in the project's height - "Notice Of: Alter" on the form. We just need to know if it's something mechanical that can be added to the official height of the building or an antenna that can't be counted. If it were additional floors, a site plan change filing would be needed as far as I know. The fact that all four corners of the building have a filing for the new 883' height leads me to believe that the mechanical screen is increasing in height. I don't think a filing for a 35' antenna or spire would reflect an equal height increase for all four corners. So I believe the official height of the building is now 883' and not 848'. But it would be nice to have some corroborating evidence.
A few things I forgot to add before. If it was just an antenna they were adding, then the FAA permit should be listed as antenna side mount. Since it says building on the permit, that's suggesting it's the height for the actual building. I would think that if the permit was for the addition of a spire that it would be included in the notes as a spire.

On the City of Austin side of it, typically increases of mechanical height and changes there do not require filing a site plan change. At least, that hasn't been the case in the past, though, those were very minor changes that almost went unnoticed. I say that because for Windsor on the Lake, they approved and released it, we had the height nailed down with renderings and all, and then when Google Earth updated their Austin imagery, I noticed the mechanical roof was slightly different (and taller) than what was shown in the elevations and renderings. 360 Condominiums also never showed the mechanical roof on the elevations, and I wasn't able to measure it until after Google Earth updated.

On the floor count of 6 X Guadalupe, some of the local media was calling it a 66-story tower recently, which seemed odd. I was wondering where that came from. So, with what DaveinWimberley is saying, that could be why. I guess they were able to get that info out of the developers/architects.

Still, I would not be expecting the addition of one parking level to add 35 feet.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin