HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 2:06 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
Cars are a huge danger to kids who are walking though.
For sure.

And that's the primary reason why I'm hesitant to let my son walk to kindergarten by himself this coming fall. My daughter is in kindergarten now and she could easily do it, but she's only going to in-person learning at school two days a week right now, and it's only a 2 minute walk, so we've just been walking her over there so far.

I think when my son is in first grade, and my daughter is in second grade, they'll be old enough to walk together by themselves, especially if my daughter keeps an eye on my impulse-control compromised son.

School is literally a 500' walk from our front door, and they only have two streets to cross: the street we live on (a quiet narrow little one-way residential side street) and then the two-way side street by school that is always controlled by a crossing guard at school hours. And both intersections have all-way stop signs.

So all things considered, the car danger is pretty damn low. It's not zero, but if you want zero risk for your kids, you'd never let 'em leave the house.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions