HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 3:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
Living on PEI, BUT raised in Moncton, I wonder after the pandemic how if my former city SJ, freddy, Hfx and PEI continue to grow. So my question is there enough maritime growth to sustain the bigger projects, residential housing that appears to be going on in most areas?
Only through immigration.

Our domestic Maritime birth rate will result in a contracting population, so growth will require both interprovincial and international migration.

Happily, I think both will continue to occur. The Maritimes continue to be a low cost place to live in the country, and people from Ontario and BC are starting to take notice. The lifestyle down here can also be appealing for those other Canadians tiring of hour long commutes to get to and back from work.

On the international front, the federal government has become more supportive to the idea of spreading out immigration across the country, and not just in the country's half dozen larger cities. This is good for the overall national economy. All of the larger cities in the region are benefitting.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces