HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
I'm surprised that after 130,000 dead from COVID there is still serious denialism about its severity. If Americans ever want to attend a sporting event, concert, political rally, visit their parents in a nursing home, take a cruise, or travel abroad then Americans need to make an effort to end the pandemic, not live with it. Italy, Spain, France, and the UK took the necessary steps to end their pandemics and they're now returning to normal. America hasn't. If American ever wants to get back to normal it needs to reduce new daily COVID cases by 99% from what we're seeing now.
What sporting events, concerts, and political rallies are going on in Europe right now that people can attend?
Sports are still playing to empty stadiums. As soon as they start letting people back in, they'll experience the same thing.

You also proved my point for me by only quoting a highly suspect total death count instead of the actual mortality rate. 130,000 gets a lot more fear-based attention than 0.2%

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin