HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction


270 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• New York Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 21, 2020, 8:09 PM
Submariner's Avatar
Submariner Submariner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
So depressing to see those empty streets. I miss the gridlock, I miss the escalators not working during the 8 am rush hour, I miss the guy yelling on the corner with the broken headphones.

All the towers, but its nothing without the street life.

Possibly in a way, 270 Park is a metaphor of the old New York coming down, and a New New York rising. After the gloomy, shadow period is over, I hope we see a glorious boom, even stronger, that showers the city with towers and further density.
It's gotten a lot busier in the past week.

People have had it with the lockdown. Expect to see a lot more foot and vehicular traffic by June 1.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:53 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.