HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Wow you are thick. I'm not trying to directly compare the output of these plants, just the price and construction timeline. With the price per kWh of solar, you can start to add storage to get to hydro levels of reliability, at least short term.

Either way, fossil fuels have been left in the dust. Economics at work, as predicted by myself and others in this very thread.
Really Warren the only thing you've shown us is a large solar array can be built faster in Abu Dhabi than a Hydroelectric dam in BC. Is that new news? If it is, thanks for the revelation, I'm sure the BC NDP and BC Hydro will be all over it.

FYI you can build a gas turbine power plant in Abu Dhabi faster than you can build a Hydroelectric dam in BC.

FYI again, you can build a nuclear power plant in Abu Dhabi faster than you can build a Hydroelectric dam in BC.

Keep comparing apples to watermelons, Warren. Your insight is so far ahead of the rest of us we think you are behind!

The 1,600MW Shuweihat S3 combined cycle power plant is located at Ruwais in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Construction of the gas-fired power plant started in 2011 and the first gas turbine was ignited in July 2013. The project started commercial operations in August 2014.

The AED 5.5bn ($1.5bn) project is the third Shuweihat plant following the 1,500MW Shuweihat S1 and Shuweihat S2 combined cycle power plants, which have been operational since 2004 and 2011, respectively.

https://www.power-technology.com/pro...ant-abu-dhabi/

Nawah Energy Company, a joint venture between ENEC and KEPCO, is the operator of the plant, which will include four units.

The ground-breaking ceremony for the $32bn project, which will include four units of 1,400MW each, was held in March 2011.

The construction of unit 1 began in July 2012, following the receipt of a construction licence from the Federal Authority of Nuclear Regulation (FANR). The construction was completed in May 2018.

https://www.power-technology.com/pro...ant-abu-dhabi/

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada