HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 4:20 AM
swimmer_spe swimmer_spe is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
Is this the bit where we find out that every grunt who ever held a rifle or supply clerk who counted mukluks and cook who peeled thousands of potatoes is also an expert on complex aerospace ops?

It seems that we can now expand this to the concept of, "Once a customers, always a network planner."

You know why I respect Urban_Sky? It's not just because he has a degree in this suff and wrote a graduate thesis about VIA. It's because he shows up with numbers. And puts all of it together in a format that a — like me can understand, with a structured argument that supports a central thesis.

There's no bluster. There's not even a claim of expertise on his part, which is actually incredibly remarkable given the proprietary info he must have access to. Nope, he spends an incredible amount of time to source publicly available data, synthesizes it and explains what it means. In doing so, he gives us a small window of insight into how a professional network planner might think about different routes.

You can choose to learn from his incredible body of work here. And if you want credibility on this topic with him, I suggest you start presenting posts of the same caliber.
Why? No matter what I have posted it has been shot down. He is also an employee of Via, and these changes would affect him. You wonder about that grunt, but, yet he has been quiet on what he actually does. I will gladly say what I do, and what I have done. I was a Marine Engineer on 3 classes of HMC ships. I am currently an Operating Engineer at a pulp mill.

My expertise is math. I can add, subtract, multiply and divide, as well as do complex formulas to get an answer that is correct. I use math to ensure that the bias is based on the numbers, not me.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:55 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.