HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtWednesday View Post
"I'm not saying natives are bad, but..." is exactly why I, a home owning indigenous man with a healthy career and no criminal record, am sick and tired of being followed in stores, stared at, not trusted to have money on his Tim Card at the drive thru, etc, etc. And I am far from the only native man/woman in my position! Prejudicial criminal insite is all about racism and it's racism because it's the easy way out, ignoring the complicated socio-economic history. Not being able to tell a clean-cut career injun from a drug dealing knife happy hooligan is what you get when you "tell the truth" about native people to the general public who's too busy with their own problems to look at an individual native person objectively.

Instead, I get kicked out of the PP food court 3 minutes after finishing my wrap and just starting on my pop, because "paying customers only (injun scum!)"
I’m sorry you have to go through that. I work in selkirk where probably at least half the population is indigenous or métis. I couldn’t imagine walking around all day thinking of everybody as a personal threat. The fact is most people are racist in Manitoba... EXTREMELY RACIST. I see this at my work place on a daily basis, just by seeing how people treat our East Indian employees. The stories I’ve heard from them. Heart breaking.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan