HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #17  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 1:51 PM
ns_kid's Avatar
ns_kid ns_kid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliguy View Post
Not sure I agree with that. Argyle St has been a great success! I do have my reservations in regards to Spring Garden Rd though. I hope they don't mess up a good thing.
I believe you are right that Argyle Street is a success. Mr. P., who has said more than once that he avoids downtown, should spend more time there. I was on Argyle last night, in fact, and the place was hopping: the street was filled with people, the restaurants and bars were lined up, diners were eating outside even in the evening chill and -- gasp -- they were actually having a good time. You don't have to have a long memory to recall a day when such a scene was unthinkable. All those business owners who moaned during the long Nova Centre construction process seem quite content today; I can't say I've heard of any complaining about delivery problems.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:27 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.