HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 9:40 PM

Quick update

As probably the remaining poster from Idaho Falls I guess it's my ever lacking duty to update everyone on the going ons. I'll try to update more often.

Snake River Landing is a buzz with new construction and announcements lately. The biggest is the event center, still without a firm groundbreaking date but hearing the latest news makes me believe by next spring at the latest. Also construction continues on the expansion of the 3 story apartment complex that will add another 88 units and once that project clears up a 53 unit townhouse development will begin. Groundbreaking was had today for a new 3 story office building that will be the new home of Ball Ventures and finally they are soon to get underway on a new retail office building closer to the original development site.

Jackson Hole Junction has a crane busy working to top off the Holiday inn Express and the development manager spoke a week ago about being in talks with a movie house and some sort of other entertainment venture as well as numerous restaurants that are interested as soon as the entertainment peice is secured.

Costco is close to breaking ground but has pushed back due to changing the site plan a bit and working out some access issues. Mum is still the word on whether or not the brand new expanded roundabout will be removed to install a traffic light but a few folks I talked to said that it will indeed happen. Across the street from Costco a new 200,000 sq ft shopping center is in the works. Underground utilities have already been installed but nothing has officially come to light yet. That area is prime for rapid growth with plenty of room for it.

Staybridge Suites will be building a new three story hotel south of Walmart on the westside, blasting equipment and fencing is up around the site so that project should begin at any time.

It also seems like once a month at least new projects are announced at the INL.

Every time I drive around I've noticed new homes, apartments and townhomes so the area is growing at a faster rate than at any other time I've ever seen. The next census count should be rather interesting and possibly very surprising.

I.F. City: 56,813
I.F. Metro: 132,073
I.F. Bingham CSA: 178,025

Last edited by IFguy; Sep 25, 2019 at 9:50 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West