HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 8:41 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Here's how much of an idiot I am: I don't follow this close enough and thought they were doing with 93 what you proposed to make it I-11.
I'm not 100% on the route as it's still on the drawing board. But, my understanding is there will be some portions of 93 improved for conversion to I-11 and there will be some completely new portions in other areas West of 93.

My biggest complaint is not I-11 in itself as I actually do think a Phoenix/Vegas connection is needed, but the way it's routed South of Wickenberg going way out West of the White Tanks. What a waste as this is just a Phoenix bypass at best, but will still promote massive sprawl. If it's going to pretty much bypass Phoenix, then I would rather see something like this as an alternative which would continue down 85 to the border and utilize currently existing routes and open up a new Interstate Port of Entry for AZ.



Credit: Professor Sanjeev Ramchandra of Central Arizona College
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:28 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.