HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 9:11 PM
papertowelroll papertowelroll is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Thanks, that's actually good to know. I've always thought that parking requirements were behind the over-the-top podium garages we see so often here. And one reason we don't see higher floor counts for smaller footprints, like this one.

Gonna have to look for another scapegoat now, I s'pose.
There was a big discussion about this is in the West Campus thread. That's a place where I think parking requirements might have a substantial effect.

For downtown, I believe that there simply is that much demand for parking. Why? Well, because Austin is geographically large and spread out, and even adjusted for density we have relatively weak public transit... I can't see this begin to change unless Cap Metro's 2020 plan is passed and successfully implemented.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:46 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.