HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee7903 View Post
A Cactus Club Cafe would fit nicely there...
Oh god, those things seem to take over everything, along with Whole Foods and Starbucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz@home View Post
I haven't visited Skyscraperpage in a long while (You last visited: Nov 5, 2018 at 9:31 PM) but was curious about the status of this project, among others. I noticed the office building that was supposed to be beside Coast Capital is now yet another residential building. Containing my disappointed, I went a page or two back to find out why this changed and imagine my shock when I found out that UGLY LITTLE TROLL Doug McCallum is mayor of Surrey again????? How did this happen? Was he somewhat responsible on the change of this project somehow?
There is an office Building beside Coast Capital: it's the small one on the other side of the lane.

You can't force people to build offices when there's not enough demand for suburban office space.

Also, side note, this forum has links to AIM, MSN, and Yahoo? What is this, 2005?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
The continuing growth in both the student population and the white collar workforce who are coming to Surrey Central in increasing numbers will help the evolution of a unique culture in the area. As I’ve said before, what Surrey lacks even more than infrastructure is community, identity and the sense of communal spirit that comes out of that. A lot of people don’t understand that great cities big or small have unique flavours which are distinct from anywhere else and they come out of the community spirit of its population. This is why a flavourless city like Edmonton despite its larger population lags behind funky Amsterdam. Edmonton has at least as good infrastructure as Amsterdam but can never match the latter’s vibe. Hopefully Surrey can figure this out as it continues to grow, but Canadian cities (with a few exception like Montreal) generally don’t have a good record in this regard. And as well, multicultural isn’t a panacea for bland cities, Edmonton has loads of minority communities but is still dullsville.
Maybe SFU can build a new major museum at Surrey?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley