Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa
Nobody has any numbers. If Via has them they won’t release them. Urban sky seems like a very passionate person but he is trying to build economic models with basic arithmetic and an excel spreadsheet without any economic analysis tools, models or datasets. It would be like trying to build a weather forecasting model on excel by averaging temperature for the previous three years.
|
This really downplays his analysis. His stuff here borders on professional analysis because:
1) He does this for a living.
2) He did graduate work on the subject.
This is all in his bio.
I don't see, you or anybody else providing the depth and insight he's providing here. To expect substantial detail beyond what he provided here is a little bit too much. He's not getting paid to post here. And I am fairly sure if any more detail was provided, he'd be breaking some confidentiality rules.
And lastly on this, slamming Excel? Really? I've worked out the trajectory for a lunar docking in an orbital mechanics course using Excel, incidentally, a close approximation of what happened in real life before the days of desktop computers. I'm genuinely curious what you do for a living, where a first cut estimate constantly requires such high fidelity that a spreadsheet can be dismissed simply on principle of being a spreadsheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtrainUser
That's done all the time with weather forecasts, Urban sky has a much better idea of the rail business than you do since he works at VIA. I'll take his word over yours any day.
|
Yup.