HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: Are you in favour of placing the Bruce Oake Recovery Centre in St James?
Yes 48 90.57%
No 1 1.89%
Place it outside of Winnipeg 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 11:04 PM
jammon member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I live across the street from two group homes and the biggest problem I have is my next door neighbour who is coming and going at all hours of the day with his buddies. The group homes would be perceived as a death knell for the street much like the recovery centre is. However it's just the locals causing trouble. The group homes are so quiet you wouldn't know they were there.

I can't fathom how the recovery centre would cause much of a problem. But as was mentioned, it's perception.
I live in the area. There was a petition that was circulated to have the project stopped. It was a lot of fear-mongering and myths about what will happen if the project goes ahead- "crime will go up in the area because addicts will be breaking in to cars and homes looking to pay for their next fix."

They picked the wrong guy to say that to as I am very well versed in addictions and treatment. I blasted her six ways from Sunday. I would also like to say that I live in the area and I am all for the centre. I have no reservations whatsoever about it being turned into a treatment facility. It's badly needed.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan