Quote:
Originally Posted by phil235
Why should a community planning exercise be used to set an arbitrary height limit for the junction station of our LRT line? Why is height the key consideration at all? The focus of these exercises seems to be almost exclusively on height, when there are other factors that have far more bearing on the livability of the area. And to be clear, this project is not bigger than it would have been at 30 storeys. It's just taller.
Also, this project has significant retail and office components, so not sure what you mean by your second comment. Those will attract people. And a large number of people will travel there because they live there, I suspect most using the LRT.
I get the value of a CDP as an input (not the final word) in planning for a local main street. I don't see that value extending to transit hubs. Those need to be looked at from a wider perspective.
|
My comment was not specific to this locality, although still applicable. I don't have strong opinions about this project but a mainly residential project at potentially the most important transit junction is less effective compared to a more public-oriented project with residential on the periphery. We can tell from our rapid transit experience that transit stations surrounded by residential towers are always quieter.