Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayStar
I think we're missing the point with these HOV lanes.... I mean HOW MANY PEOPLE have changed their behaviour to use these lanes???
Some people would have carpooled anyway... most people don't carpool.
It needs to be asked:
1) How many people started carpooling because of these lanes? and
2) How many would stop carpooling if the lanes were removed?
I'd be willing to bet the answer to both questions is pretty close to zero.
So we have these "green" sounding HOV lanes, which actually create more pollution by forcing 4 lanes of traffic onto 3 lanes.... hence increasing almost everyone's drive time and spewing more pollution in the process.
|
Obviously with the way it's implemented it's close to zero because it ends at Moodie and people driving downtown still have to sit in the same traffic. Essentially it's useless.
BTW are they going to add HOV lane between Maitland and 416 that's being widened right now?