HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 8:26 PM
Tacheguy Tacheguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
A criminal trial is a very complicated affair... all that I can say is that it's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback and complain that the trial didn't produce the desired result. I think the jury deserves the benefit of the doubt on reaching what is most certainly a defensible finding after a painstaking process.

Besides, if there was some sort of overarching error, then the Crown will be raising it on appeal.
I agree that the verdict should be respected. As a lawyer what is your opinion on the jury selection process? Can peremptory challenges be made on the basis of race? I believe that is something the Americans have changed in the last decade or so. Not sure if that was because of the Supreme Court weighing in or not.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:46 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.