Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway
What, pray tell, would be an intelligent rebuttal to "Why is it that those on the left always attack those on the right and never offer a logical and coherent rebuttal?"
|
Well, I wish I had looked further back into the conversation. You did provide a very thought out response. Sorry for unnecessarily attacking what I thought was a childish response.
Though I still disagree with you over the refugee topic. I had an employee who was a permanent resident or here on a work visa trying to get her citizenship. She was one of the hardest working employee's we had and was a tax paying person from the moment she came to this country. She felt very defeated because the system kept bumping her and slowing down her aplication because refugee's get processed first. Because she kept getting bumped and bogged down she missed out on things like being enrolled in health care, trying to pay for her daughters university (which is incredibly expensive when you're considered an international student). Meanwhile, someone who isn't coming from a war torn or disaster stricken country is crossing the boarder claiming refugee status and bumping her back.
Not only that but this refugee is now costing the government at minimum $50,000 for the first year. How is it fair that the woman who moved here through the proper channels and contributes to the betterment of the country is put at a disadvantage and the individual who is draining resources is provided an expedited route and easier opportunity?