HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 10:17 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,330
Can't leave this on the last page. Welcome to the new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laceoflight View Post
Very beautiful day here in Montreal :-) I had to walk so I took the camera. It smelled like summer and clean laundry, but the strong wind and falling leaves were there to remind me that fall will settle abruptly in the next days. The colours are starting to show enfin; beautiful times ahead.

I didn't know if I should share some of these pics here or not, given that there are already a lot of (awesome) Montreal pictures being posted. But since they'll be outdated in a few days, here they are.

Ahuntsic
My itinerary started home, in the northern neighbourhood of Ahuntsic. One of these is my home but I won't tell you which it is .





Youville
The often forgotten neighbourhood of Youville historically stood on both side of where the Metropolitain passes today. The southern part is usually considered as the northern part of Villeray. Though the Métropolitain is over 50 years old, you still feel the scar in the urban fabric (gaps in the plexes rows, gaz stations and other 1-storey commercial buildings from the 60s to the 80s).



André-Grasset College


Crossing to the other side...






Église Saint-Alphonse-d'Youville




Villeray
Then, we enter in Villeray, an old tramway-oriented blue-collar neighborhood. It's one of my favourite parts of the city. I used to live there too...

Typical Villeray streets and alleys...












Jarry Park






Rue De Castelnau




Église Notre-Dame-du-Saint-Rosaire


Alleys...






Le Plateau
Eventually, I ended up on the Plateau to join some friends... Beautiful evening...

Square Saint-Louis












Prince-Arthur Street












LaFontaine Park
(this picture's from last week, though...)




__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.