HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 2:34 PM

Amazon HQ2 bid

I thought I would start a thread as this may be getting a little stale for the general community. This New York Times article comes to an interesting conclusion, and Atlanta is hurt by one factor- I bet you can guess what it is!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e.html?mcubz=1

I've also read that Georgia politicians, from Governor Deal to all the suburban politicians and senators, realize what 50,000 jobs will do for Georgia and the region in general, so everyone is on board with tax incentives and the like. Cobb and Gwinnett would get a boost in taxes with all the new high paid residents moving to town, even if the headquarters is located in the city. It's been suggested that over the next year, the political rhetoric by our more conservative politicians will be muted or even supportive of some of the 'liberal' ideas that Jeff Bezos is looking for, so we may see more broad transit support at the state level. I think this is an exciting prospect for the region.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta