HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 1:50 PM
BlackYear's Avatar
BlackYear BlackYear is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Just like our airport:

Aeroport Internationale Greater Moncton Romeo LeBlanc du Grand Moncton International Airport

It's a wonder they could fit the name on the sign!
Or as the locals call it..."Moncton Airport" or simply "The Airport". If I go to Toronto, I say either Pearson or Billy Bishop. Everyone in Canada knows what I mean.

Whatever they call the Downtown Centre, people will simply ignore the official name and simplify their lives with a single name.

"Hey KISS is coming back to Moncton next summer!" "Oh really Jim, where?" My answer will be either, "The Casino", "At Magnetic Hill", "The Downtown Centre", "UM Stadium", "The Waterfront", etc.

These dual bilingual names are ridiculous. And if I was a tourist coming into the area for the first time, I'd be like 🞵🞵🞵 with the names!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:53 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.