HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 2:29 PM

Re: The Assiniboine water levels... Maybe my memory is messed up, but pretty sure I'm right, in the mid-late 80s back when the River Rouge was still popular (especially the night party cruises on the weekend), I absolutely remember it docking at Alexander Docks, travelling through the Forks and out west on the Assiniboine. Not sure how far west we made it but I specifically remember the captain/guide announcing that we were passing things like the Shriners Hospital and a bunch of other things along Wellington Crescent. Not 100% if we made it past Rte 90 or up to Assiniboine Park, but 100% we made it quite a distance. That being said, I don't know how significant the changes are since the late 80s re agriculture needs, drainage, etc... but if the River Rouge could navigate the Assiniboine in the not too distant past is private boating really that far gone along that stretch?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan