HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Jun 4, 2017, 5:08 AM
Dr Awesomesauce's Avatar
Dr Awesomesauce Dr Awesomesauce is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BEYOND THE OUTER RIM
Posts: 5,889
The Library has done a really nice job with those videos. You name it, they know it about Hamilton.

It's great to see someone taking an interest in the history of their city. It didn't start for me until about 25 years ago when I stumbled upon a book called 'The Prints of Time.' Prior to that, my view of the city was shaped by what I saw - decay, neglect and desperation.

I was stunned by what I saw in that book. We had a Market Square? What's that beautiful building? And that one?! Then I started prowling the downtown trying to figure out what went wrong and what was left. I often dropped into the Library a chatted with the experts there about the city - do that.

In those days (mid-to-late-90s) there was little optimism that there might be a turn-around. Things have changed, slowly but surely.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:23 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.