HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 8:21 PM

Just got back from a 2 week vacation in Europe, flew Winnipeg-Calgary-Gatwick there, and Gatwick-Toronto-Winnipeg on the way back, and had a problem with 3 out of 4 flights.

We made it to Edmonton no problem, long enough layover that my family could have a decent meal before the 6:55pm departure (cause you know, no meal on an 8 hour flight). We got in the plane and proceeded to sit at the gate for 90 minutes while maintenance tried to solve a hydraulic issue, before being told we would all have to disembark and get on a different plane because they couldn't solve the problem. The new plane wasn't showing up, but we were assured it "just needed to be brought over from a hangar", until finally at 11:45 pm the flight was cancelled, and rescheduled for the same time the next day. Even after this we still had to clear Canadian customs, wait in line for food/hotel/taxi vouchers, and different seats on the new flight, which took another 2 hours...

Coming back, the flight was delayed an hour and a half at Gatwick because some of the checked bags weren't tagged properly (we were given "refreshments" which turned out to be water) and when the plane finally did take off, the in flight entertainment (on our phones) didn't work until halfway through the flight after they had to reset the wireless network...

After using the travel voucher I got because of the cancelled flight I will not be flying Westjet again

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan