HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 1:38 PM

I stand corrected then. This still does not make sense to me though. If you are RED, and you don't have enough confidence to building housing above downtown's first grocery store, then how would you have confidence that the store would survive? Especially with such little housing in the area? In addition, as mentioned, they sold cityScape Apartments for a record deal.

If you don't take advantages of one of the few places residents can be added in the immediate area to support your Fry's store, it's a bad investment to build the project. Fry's will cancel their lease within two years and nobody will lease a space like that downtown. Yes, I'm sure they built in heavy penalties for terminating the lease early but it won't be enough to make the project profitable. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Idiots.

I no longer support this project. Would rather see something on the scale of what's proposed in Tempe in the Roosevelt area.

BTW - I'm quite sure that Tempe project will not happen. Whole Foods is struggling mightily and is for sale.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest