HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 7:04 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew6 View Post
Well Old Montreal is a bit of a tourist trap. Or a lot of one. I`m not an expert. Actually my favourite part of Old Montreal is the waterfront. It immerses you in Montreal`s industrial past especially around McGill.
I'm not sure exactly how a whole preserved historic neighborhood can be describe as a tourist's trap. Maybe some particular spots, like Place Jacques-Cartier or the Old Port, because of all the restaurants, activities and the stores that cater to tourists, but it is still a genuine historic surrounding that has very few equivalent on the continent. I always was under the impression that a tourist's trap is of no value whatsoever and meant only to... trap tourists and deceived them. Maybe I got it wrong.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:08 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.