Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy
Okay, just checking.
Has there been a timeline set for when Waterloo Park will open? Is there also any word on when work is expected to begin along the stretch between Waterloo Park and the river? Seeing as how the intake facility is nearly completed (again  ). I would think that the conservancy could move forward with some restoration projects, at least with areas that are farther from the creek until the tunnel is fully operational.
This whole ordeal has taken so much longer than expected for the obvious reason of the intake facility. Just curious if there is some sort of timeline that we can go by? This will be a great addition once completed but would like to see it within my lifetime lol.
|
On 2/5/17, the AAS had an article about the $15 million renovation to the park which will begin this year and be completed sometime in 2019. Sorry, still a bit vague, but certainly within our lifetimes. 2019 will be an exciting year for Austin with many projects slated to be completed that year, including the current airport expansion and new wave of DT construction topped out. I might have to quit smoking and get myself in better shape so I can be around to see it. I predict that the creek redevelopment will be in full swing, and that a long awaited 800+ foot office tower will be announced, but eventually downsized to another 400 - 500 footer.