HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 6:46 PM
Jeff's Avatar
Jeff Jeff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winnipeg|MB
Posts: 2,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Looking at those great historic photos makes me wonder... considering its proximity to downtown Winnipeg, why did North St. B not evolve into a grander urban neighbourhood? At first I thought perhaps it was too flood-prone, but then Provencher and the areas to the south aren't much different and they were built up to a pretty nice standard.
I totally agree. St. Boniface never seemed to succeed or prosper. To have the grand college, church and city hall.. it just kind of stagnated after that. I think tourists are woefully under impressed when this city leads them to this "French quarter".
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:42 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.