HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 11:37 PM
serrakat serrakat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dac717 View Post
Anyone know what the discolouration is on the sturdy stone building? Looks like mold. In any case, it looks absolutely terrible and I hope they do something about it. Check out google street view if you are curious what I'm referencing.
It's just the nature of the stone. The entire university has the same problem where surfaces aren't straight up and down. Because sturdy stone is on an angle it ends up discoloured. I think it's sort of an oxidization or residue of chemicals from rain etc because it doesn't run off. The weathering doesn't bother me much, I think embracing the fact that materials show their age is interesting especially in an age where curtain wall rules.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:41 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.